Thursday, November 18, 2010

JI Lesson number two

I am currently working on a lesson plan over the Golden Ratio/Golden Rectangle/Fibonacci's Numbers.

Check out Donald in Mathmagic Land, it can be found in three parts on youtube or the DVD is very affordable on amazon. It's a 27 minute video and it's great to help show kids how math is everywhere in the universe.

I am very excited about this lesson, and looking through the websites I keep find enormous amounts of information. But I only have 48 minutes to teach the lesson!

My first JI lesson went very well. Although I tried to 'cram' too much into such a short amount of time I felt as if the students were understanding what I was trying to teach them.

Well, I need to get off of here!

About three weeks left for this semester. I am enrolled for my second to last undergrad semester. 12 hours, one of the "smallest" semester I have had at Southern. I think it will be a nice change of pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment